Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Affirmation for a Single Woman

I'm learning to enjoy and accept being single. Yes, I am an attractive woman of intelligence and experience. I am complete whether I am married or single. I love myself and more importantly, I love the Lord.
He told me that when I delight in Him, He will give me the desires of my heart. Just because you don't see me with a mate or a date, doesn't mean that I must be attracted to my same gender. I'm learning to love, appreciate and understand myself before I allow someone else in my life to appreciate the sugar I'm storing on the top shelf. I'm complete, whole and enough whether in a relationship or not. My worth is not determined by whether I am married, divorced, single or engaged. My heavenly Father told me I'm above a diamond's worth and a gem doesn't seek … a gem is sought and cherished.
As a woman, I know it's not my role to chase after or change a man. Esther 2:1-4 states that I am to wait on my King. Since I'm learning how to cherish, value, love and honor myself, I am enjoying my life and thankful that in God's timing I will attract my divine right mate.
I am willing to heal, grow and let go of any fear or low self-esteem. I thank God for giving me the patience, discipline, and self-worth to discern what and who is best suited for my time, lifestyle, standards, heart, body and soul. He will know that making love to me requires caressing my mind before caressing my body. I'm thankful for the mind and daily activities that keep me strong, active and centered in peace and satisfaction vs. restlessness. I have spiritual gifts and goals to pursue. I am learning self-control to avoid the weakness of the flesh or the pressures of others and not lower my worth or values.
My divine right mate could show up in the most unexpected place or time. I will stop missing events, activities and experiences in my life just because I am single. I am taking my life's happiness out of layaway. What I am seeking, is also seeking me. So I keep myself healthy, loving, active, spiritually strong and wise to become an irresistible magnet for all the good that God has in store for my life. My inner wisdom teaches me to focus on the internal vs. the external, the truth vs. denial, my heart and just not just my hormones. As I read this affirmation daily, I am encouraged, strengthened and empowered to radiate with wholeness, love and self-esteem. I am free of any shame, guilt, anger, grief, depression or neediness. I am loved and I am loving person.
I realize that a great boyfriend is not necessarily the best candidate for a husband. I will give myself permission to enjoy companionship without disrespecting or neglecting my children, my health or my personal goals. My happiness is not dependent on whether I have a mate or not. My attitude of joy and completeness begins with me and my relationship with the Lord

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! ive been single for a yr and half now and i must say it has been a learning expirence and i went thru many phazes feeling lonely,sad,depressed, and etc until i realized that i was looking at the situation all wrong this is my time to do some self reflecting and strengthen my relationship with the first man that should be in my life which is God

    ReplyDelete